20150407

Day 338

The bridge was shaped like a wolf to commemorate the first wolf-sighting in over 90 years.
Everyone had thought the native species was extinct until both paw prints and footage proved
that at least one had survived.

That was forty years ago, the bridge has since fallen into disrepair - too expensive to maintain
was their main reason, the employees of the surrounding park said otherwise.
According to one I spoke to a few months ago, the wolves were a cover-up.

There was something in the lake and they wanted to generate enough revenue to fund an investigation into it... the guy I talked with never said exactly what they were looking into.
Never said what - or even if - they found anything.

So I went there myself about a week ago, I didn't remember the wolf looking so creepy before.
The lake was covered in a thick layer of algae that had begun to spread onto the wolf, the path.
The park was slowly being consumed.

I walked through the bridge or I tried to... I was met by a wall of algae about halfway through.
The algae must have leaked through from the roof somewhere.
As I looked closer I saw part of a skull peeking through.

I tore through the green wall with my hands as best I could, just to see if it was some cheap prank.
The more I pulled away, the more of the body I saw.
From the clothes they were a park worker, chained to the wall of the wolf bridge by their ankle.

Peering past them I saw a dozen more bodies in varying states of decay and mixed clothing.
They ranged from more park workers to children and even a baby.
I heard a creak and pulled back just as the skeleton in the algae wall bit down on my hand.

I ran out of there, not ashamed to admit that I was terrified.
Ever since I've been keeping away from water, it only makes the green tinge in the bitemark worse.
It's already spread past my shoulder and the bite itself has algae coming out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment