20150406

Day 337

A small hand grasped mine while I lay in bed.
I looked over expecting to see my son, instead I saw a long fleshy limb extending past the doorway.
Gingerly letting go of the tiny hand I began to follow the rest of it.

I figured it was my husband pranking me.
The long fleshy thing stretched down the stairwell and out the back door.
I followed it without thinking.

It was getting quite dark outside, I could barely see where the limb ended.
I followed it to the end of the garden, to a huddled figure under a blanket.
Thinking it was my husband underneath I pulled off the fabric.

It wasn't my husband, it wasn't even human.
Its limbs stretched and contracted as its head rotated round to face me, gaping holes where eyes
should be and its mouth extending from eye to eye like the letter u.

Its teeth were like needles, and there were so many.
I had been too busy staring at it to notice where its limbs were as one slammed into the back of my
legs and another came crashing down onto my back.

Dazed and gasping for breath I looked up just in time to see it bring that tiny hand towards me.
Before my eyes its arm thickened and broke off into several hands with claws and descended.
The last thing I saw was that monstrous limb rushing towards my eyes.

I woke up in hospital, I'd been found at the base of the garden, bleeding and unconscious.
It had taken my eyes but I can still see it wandering around the town.
Its head it always facing me, arms a hair's breadth away.

No comments:

Post a Comment