20150713

Day 434

I can feel something in my eye.
Always in the left one, right in the inner corner.
There's nothing physically there, that I can see.
Still the feeling has been there for weeks.

It's gotten to the point where I've asked the hospital to check it out.
Even if they just rinse my eye and call it quits I'd accept it.
So long as I know there's nothing there and I'm fine.
My vision keeps blurring at times though.

The nurse seems worried with the shape of my face.
I'm not sure why, my face has always been this way.
When I tell her this she nods her head, notes it down and I wait.
Four house I wait for a doctor but what's a few hours to a few weeks already?

The doctor uses tweezers to pull my lower lid right down, numbs the area.
She makes a small incision and pulls down further, cuts something away.
Asks if my parents had been expecting twins when I was born.
They had but the scan was wrong and later it showed just me, as I told her.

She says no, the scan was right to an extent.
It's easy to miss apparently, the other is generally fully absorbed.
My twin has always been with me.
Their tiny deformed hand growing in the flesh beneath my left eye.

I sometimes wonder how much of them is inside me.
The doctor said that they'd like to do a full scan in case my twin is parasitic.
Of course I said yes but I'm so scared.
Ever since I've been finding small hand-print shaped bruises all along my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment