20150917

Day 501

Whatever it is, it's in the trees again.
I saw its' lithe body drag the remains of a fox out of sight mere minutes ago.
The most I've ever seen of it was when I was walking my dog a week or so back.
It's been getting more adventurous as of late.

Luckily it makes a clicking kind of noise as it walks so you've got a few minutes warning.
I figured out that it has some kind of shell like an insect, hundreds of plates snapping together.
You don't always hear it though, my neighbour found out the hard way.
I found some of his torso by the same tree I saw it drag that fox up.

A few kids must have seen it do something like that too.
I heard some in my Thursday morning class mention "The Eating Tree" in hushed tones.
Gave me the idea to put a camera on the outside of my house, pointing to the tree.
I can monitor its' every move now, warn the whole area.

Most of them either don't believe me or want me to shut up in case it overhears.
I don't know if it has ears but I'm not about to get close enough to find out.
Reckon it knows that I've been talking anyway.
As I'm typing this I can see its' face inches from my camera.

It has so many mouths.
Mouths upon mouths with beady little eyes squeezed between them.
All looking at me, its' head follows me around the living room from the camera.
I don't know how but it actually sees me.

No comments:

Post a Comment