20150919

Day 502

The larger cracks in the ground were filled with the sound of laughter.
Carriages were forced to detour or risk their horses breaking a leg when jumping them.
So many streets were blocked by such accidents and the dying screams of the horses echoed out.
It caused havoc but after the Shifting Days you had to adapt quickly or you'd end up down a hole.

Makes you wonder how many people those cracks can take before they fill up.
I've heard that in a few of the bigger ones by the outskirts you can see all the corpses.
A mate of mine swore he saw some moving and reaching up to him.
Couldn't be possible, there were gas leaks down there sure to end you in minutes.

Heard a few more people say they saw movers in the same area.
Thought I'd check it out for myself - minding the gap and all, I'd hate to be next.
The area was dead quiet, gas was there as usual though.
Makes the cracks greenish at the bottom and coats everything inside with some kind of slime.

The bodies in there were piled pretty high, probably due to the gradually increasing slope.
It's like London's sinking but everyone's too busy trying to survive to care.
From my vantage point up a tower of flats right beside it I had a bird's eye of it all.
Sure enough I saw movement but it wasn't like they said.

The bodies were moving but not by themselves.
Honestly I don't know what I saw but there were a lot of them and they moved fast.
Lightning quick jerks here and there pushing up past the corpses and running out onto the streets.
The crack must have grown by a foot while I was there and they just kept coming.

They seemed to move from one crack to another, spending brief amounts of time on the ground.
Something about them reminded me of fish and I still wonder if they're breathing in that gas.
I see them more often now but nobody else pays them any mind or mentions the moving corpses.
I suppose after a while people will grow used to anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment