20151225

Day 600

Everything outside was dead and everyone inside would follow shortly.
The snow had fallen too thick and fast for anyone to have prepared.
Even the weather forecast had predicted thunderstorms, not countrywide snowstorms.

At first all it had been was the occasional bird or rodent found frozen solid.
Then it moved on to larger prey - stray cats, lost dogs and children playing among the danger.
Their tiny bodies were found, terror preserved perfectly in crystalline ice.

We'd all been warned to stay inside and keep as warm as possible but it was no good.
The cold seeped through every crack and crevice it could.
We froze slowly, never felt it neither.

One by one we found our loved ones alone and smothered in that deadly ice.
There's just me left now, no idea what's going on outside but all I hear is wind.
I moved my family to the dining room, while I wait in the bathroom.

It won't be long now, I can't feel my legs despite the hot water I'm sitting in.
I stabbed one with a kitchen knife just to test, couldn't even break the skin.
Strange though, I don't feel cold at all, I don't feel

No comments:

Post a Comment