20160117

Day 622

I saw something last night and I don't think I was supposed to.
All I saw was this dark figure - small looking and seemingly normal.
Admittedly I thought it was an old man at first from the way it was bent over and wheezing.
The figure stopped just before a large oak tree by the side of the path.
It looked left and right - not behind though - and began to reach up and up and endlessly up.
I saw its arms reach to the very top of the tree, legs sprouting up to match.

Even its head warped into some elongated imitation of a person, or was the person the imitation?
Soft clicks accompanied its every move as it began to climb into the overhanging branches.
The branches I would have to walk under to get through the street and back home.
I saw them flex and bow above my head as I walked under.
Those soft clicks sounded to my right, from the tree trunk, and the clicks drew closer and closer.
I ran the rest of the way, hoping it would lose interest but I can see its shadow outside my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment