20160119

Day 624

It was all a dare, just a stupid dare between idiot friends who didn't know any better and didn't think that anything would actually happen. The old hospital had been closed for thirty years, held up in the red tape bollocks that's kept the whole city constricted in all the wrong places while feeding the bloated wallets of the scum in charge.

I digress.

There were about five or six of us at first but Jamie and her girlfriend turned back when we decided to head further than the outpatients area. Said the place smelled too bad and in all fairness it absolutely stank but the rest of us stuck around for a better look.

Outpatients was a right mess, looked like we'd arrived to the scene about twenty odd years after everyone else judging by how much graffiti was about. One wall was just the word "next patient please" sprayed in green and blue. At least I think it said that, there was this thick layer of brownish goo or something that was leaking from the ceiling. We reckoned the gutters were clogged after all these years. If we'd've known what was actually causing it I would be doing this now, being interviewed like I'm some kind of killer when the thing that did it is still down there!

So as I said, we went further into the place. Past a gift shop, down a ward that Harry insisted had been called "Scarborough" for some reason. The rest of us didn't really care, we were too busy trying not to gag whenever the wind blew that stench down to us. It was like the bins behind a restaurant, with the addition of a broken toilet or ten.

We thought we were heading away from whatever stank, something like some dead birds or an old squat. didn't seem to matter which corridor we took though and we went down a lot of corridors. We wanted to find something cool but most of the rooms were empty.

It was my idea to head through the old courtyard but I was against going down to the cancer ward. It just didn't seem right to go to a terminal ward, you know? Like the regular wards were just where people stayed for a few nights, not somewhere they went out in a bodybag!

The courtyard looked pretty cool with the fish still being alive in the pond and everything. They were eating the same brown gunk that we'd been seeing on the walls all the way down. Biggest goldfish I'd ever seen too, about the length of my arm maybe and this weird iridescent kind of orange, really pale too. There were also benches left intact which we wrote our names on, what else were we going to do?

Then Harry started showing off, claiming the cancer ward was haunted and it'd be fun to go there and check it out. Like I said, that was one step too far for me but I got outvoted and the place was too creepy to walk back alone. that and we'd taken so many turns I had no idea where the exit was - I'm amazed we even found it when we ran back out.

See we weren't expecting anyone else to be there, let alone some freak in a nurse's uniform. She was covered in the brown gunk too and it just poured out of her mouth when she tried to speak. We thought it was Harry's idea of a prank, lure us all here and scare the crap out of us but no. He was just as terrified as we were, just as clueless and that woman just came out of nowhere.

We were just checking out the leftover beds that had way too many stains for anyone to want to go near but we still dared each other to try. Then she just came walking towards us from somewhere in the ward, teeth bared, brown muck pouring everywhere and then she charged at Harry and knocked him flat down. Jerry tried to pull her away but she nearly clawed his face off! He collapsed and started having a seizure or something and when she started back on Harry, tearing at his hair, me and Laurie ran.

That's all I know. I don't know how their bodies ended up in my back garden but it sure as hell wasn't me, if anything you should be locking me up to protect me cause that freak's out there and she knows where I live. She's probably been for Jerry already, have you seen her at all? Is she being questioned too? Where is she? Have you gone to her house yet? Don't tell me she's gone too!

No comments:

Post a Comment