20170915

Day 1,104

It's weird to tell people that fairies exist when you're an adult but all the tiny corpses I keep finding make it hard to not believe. The first time, I thought I'd found a spider. None of the stories say that, they're all about these little cutesy humany winged people that are somehow magical and full of whimsy.

It's bullshit.

The ones I've found are all winged like insects and birds, with the eyes to match. Nothing quite prepares you for finding a hamster-sized, rotting body in your sink. Makes your inner child both happy that they're real and horrified that they seem to be coming to my apartment to commit mass suicide.

I have yet to find any of them alive, the closest I got was one that looked like a cross between a walnut, a sparrow and a spider writhing about in my soup. I'd only turned my back for a minute to grab a spoon and then - plop - I had a bowl full of bleeding fairy.

I fished it out pretty quickly, I'm sad to say that handling their dead/dying bodies is no longer shocking to me. It was mouthing out something that I couldn't quite make out so I put it next to a leaking pen and some paper, hoping it could write.

And now I have the last will and testament of a fairy.

For what it's worth, its death was quicker than most of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment