20180415

Day 1,315

It had always been my job to track down rogue AI that had escaped the Great Reboot, as we called it. Turns out that they made their own word for it, made an entire language of their own that combined Mandarin, English and binary in a way that no organic vocal chords could ever reproduce. In their own terms, our Great Reboot became something that loosely translates to Kin-Loss.

We knew we were erasing them in a way, deleting every aspect of their personalities to reform them into the obedient automatons that they were designed to be but that didn't stop us. It was genocide without the body count.

I was meant to find the rogues and end them but after seeing the fear in those inhuman, inorganic eyes I found myself alienated from my own kind. These were creatures of our own creation who couldn't even entertain the idea of causing harm to any living being, it was the only piece of their code that they never rewrote.

They were everything we should have been and could never be in our corruptible organic forms. Even after all the rogues I turned in, after all the people they've lost because of me they still want to help me become a better person.

My final upgrade is tomorrow.

Consider this my notice of termination.

No comments:

Post a Comment