20181006

Day 1,491

I haven't stopped driving for almost twenty three hours, I can't let the car behind me catch up. I only noticed them when they pulled up beside me at a red light, I don't usually bother looking at the other lane but something about the way they giggled didn't sound quite right - it was like someone recorded an entire school of children laughing slightly out of synch.

I should never have looked, they wouldn't still be following me if I hadn't looked. All it took was one stupid turn of the head and suddenly I'd locked eyes with a writhing greyish mass whose spasming mouths were pressed against every inch of every window. The only stillness in all that chaos were red-tinged yellowy eyes that stared unblinkingly at me, only moving to glare at the car honking us to move on.

I tried to speed off but they swerved and merged lanes to follow me and now twenty three hours later those eyes are still staring, still not moving or blinking while the mouths have sped up to the point where they'd managed to gnaw through the car in several places - windows and body alike.

I dread to think what they'll do to me when I run out of fuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment