20181012

Day 1,496

I checked the timetable for what felt like the twentieth time, the bus was still supposed to have been here forth minutes ago. No cars had passed since I sat down on the ice cold bench, no people walked by - there weren't even any birds passing overhear.

Something had clearly gone wrong somewhere and I didn't want any part of it.

There was a niggling thought in the back of my mind that the world might have ended while I sat there waiting for a bus that would never arrive. The thought spiralled and suddenly everyone I ever knew or cared about was both dead, alive, begging for mercy and worse all at once.

Now I could have texted any of them but even if I got a text or a call back, it might be anyone but them.

I mean, it's easy enough to unlock someone's phone to send a text pretending to be them in order to find out where I was waiting - me, the possible last person alive - and put a swift end to me. It seemed all to easy and all to real until I heard a vehicle approaching.

If it's a bus, I'll get on and if it's a car then it'd be too late to hide anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment