20181112

Day 1,527

My parents looked so scared when I told them that Nanna was in their room and was asking for them. I remembered that she'd died but I was too young to really know what death was, to me she just wasn't coming to visit us any more and that made everyone sad.

I thought that death meant she'd just moved away somewhere and seeing her in the dim light of my parents room was great - she was back and everyone would be so happy to see her again. It made no sense when mum dragged me out to the car while dad called the police.

They never even told me what happened that night, I found out from an article online. Turns out I did see Nanna, she just wasn't... her. Someone had broken into the morgue she was in and skinned several of the bodies, wearing them under whatever clothing he could find and heading to their next-of-kin's homes.

We weren't the first people he'd visited, the trunk of his car was stuffed to the brim with fresh skins.

No comments:

Post a Comment