20181116

Day 1,531

I fell asleep in the back of a taxi and woke up in a tub full ice. A typical vacation gone wrong moment right? One of those horror stories you read about on trashy news sites that make up glad to be wherever you are.

Except I couldn't find what they took.

When I walked myself to the closest hospital they treated me for mild ice-burns and told me to take it easy for a few days. They couldn't find what I was missing but I just didn't feel complete, didn't feel like a proper person.

There were no scars, no bloodstains or bruises.

I didn't find out what was gone until my uncle's funeral eight hollow years later. Every day felt like I was watching my body through a camera but when I set don't in that church it just clicked into place and I knew what was missing at long last.

My soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment