20190209

Day 1,617

He tried to smile through the twigs growing out of his gums - it wasn't a pretty sight. His eyes were tinted green instead of red and he didn't seem to blink once the entire evening which was only mildly less concerning than the fact that he got close enough for me to smell him bleeding.

Don't get me wrong - he was a nice enough guy and it was sweet of him to grow flowers in his hair to try and hide how metallic he smelled but people that far gone don't last much longer before they fully bloom and I don't think I'd be able to stomach that.

I remember him saying that he lived in a colony with others like him - you know, The Grove that everybody keeps talking about. Apparently it's a pretty decent resting place. Like one of those memorial forests but they get a bit longer to properly choose where they want to be forever.

He tried to lean in for a kiss at the end and I couldn't bring myself to let him. He got proper offended and started going on about how it doesn't spread like that but I could see the pollen cloud floating around his hair-flowers and everybody knows that their pollen is more like mushroom spores.

It just seems a little bit rude that he'd try and get me like that when he could have asked me at any point and let me say no rather than make me out to be the bad guy there. He stormed off after that and I thought that'd be the end of it but this morning I found a bunch of empty bottles on my windowsills.

My whole flat smells like his flowers.

Such a dick move.

No comments:

Post a Comment