20190210

Day 1,619

I saw my guardian angel for the first and last time yesterday. You're not supposed to see them until you're on your deathbed and apparently they're just weeping wrecks at that point. There's been the odd instance when someone's had a near-death experience and caught a glimpse of their guardian angel saving their life but my situation was... odd.

All my life I've had a fairly easy time, the usual close calls with cars and a few drinks too many but nothing serious. Or so I thought. I was just coming back from a date, walking through the park on the way home when I heard something gasping for air behind me and there they were - my guardian angel and my date lying unconscious at their feet.

They're meant to be strong right, but also kindly looking and clean but mine was an absolute mess. They were heavily scarred, hair missing in great scabbed patches, eyes bloodshot and their teeth were either missing or broken. Even their wings were crooked and the feathers were tinged red. A nasty looking knife was sticking out of their neck.

It's meant to be that they hold you while you're dying but last night I held my angel. I held my angel and they told me just how many people had tried to kill me, drug me, rob me, how many times I'd actually nearly been hit by a car or walked under an unstable air-con unit or general falling debris.

I don't know if you can live without them, if anyone ever has or is but I guess I'll be finding out... if I can bring myself to leave my apartment. I suppose if I stay for too long I'll starve but the options outside seem to be so much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment