20190213

Day 1,621

When I woke up I thought it was still night. There wasn't a single spec of light coming from any of the windows, it was so dark I couldn't see anything more than my reflection. At first I wanted to just go back to sleep but then my alarm went off which meant it should have been 0930AM.

At no time of the year had it ever been pitch black so late in the morning. I texted a few friends to see if it was some kind of weather thing and then I tried to check the news. Nothing would load, my texts wouldn't send - it was like even my phone had blacked out.

I started to panic a bit and tried to open my front door but something was blocking it from the other side. Something that I couldn't see in the dark. Something that started growling and banging against the door so hard I thought it would break so I just sat and stared out into the dark.

When I woke up this morning I thought it was still night... then the night blinked.

No comments:

Post a Comment