20190408

Day 1,675

I haven't seen another living thing for months, I've just been scraping by and taking food from the local shops. I wouldn't exactly call it stealing since the corpses wearing the owners clothes are propped behind the tills and the corpses dressed as policemen are draped all over the station.

I can't bring myself to say that these are bodies I recognise as people I once knew. Not when pieces of me are embedded onto them. My exact hairstyle on the body of a child in the back seat of a car, my birthmark on the arm someone in a surgeon's scrubs, my tattoo on the bloated corpse that floats around the pond in the park.

All of them are somehow a little like me and yet I'm the only one left alive. I can't help but wonder that if I died they'd all just spring back into life - unharmed and not even the slightest bit rotten. Maybe if I cut off one of my arms and go outside I can see if any of the corpse's arms start to move.

I don't know what I'd do if they did but I'mabout to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment