20190512

Day 1,710

"So you mean to tell me that you unleashed an all-powerful demon and, of all the creatures in the world to possess, it chose Mike The Gerbil?"

"Yeah, that about sums it up."

He was looking at me like I was a total idiot but in the grand scheme of things I think I got off pretty lightly and we both knew that damned gerbil was a real bastard to begin with. All in all I'd say it was a successful summoning followed by an unexpected addition to the house.

I may not know the demon's name but it answers to "Mike" so that works for now. It eats the gerbil food and does general gerbilly things for the most part but every now-and-then I'll look at just the right time and it'll be hovering three feet above the cage with Mike' poor little head at an unnatural angle or there'll be blood all over the floor.

It's a bit of a challenge but honestly I was expecting an imp. The ritual was for one single, entire imp and I only went and sneezed mid-word which was apparently The Only Difference between an imp ritual and a goddamned, all-powerful, reality-warping demon ritual.

Not that it really does any of that, other than that one time it warped all of the food in the freezer to my underwear drawer just to fuck with me. Hearing a laugh THAT DEEP coming from a gerbil is probably the worst thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

But it does eat any spider it sees so we're cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment