20190511

Day 1,709

I met a god in the underpass near the old factories. Funny looking bugger, they were. Head like a clump of fish caught in a net, couldn't make out their body for all the blankets and cobwebs they were wrapped in but their voice sounded like my old art teacher.

I only know they were a god because they healed my stab wound with a single word, just when I thought I was off to join the untold number of wandering souls about the area. I mean, I was half collapsed right opposite the god and all I could see was all their fishy eyes staring at me, dried up and shrivelled, and curious ghosts closing in to welcome another one to their ranks.

Next thing I know I'm leaning against the god and I feel totally fine. I didn't even ask what they were a god of or if I needed to give something in return but they just told me that I'll keep on carrying on so that's just what I've been doing.

For about three hundred years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment