20190526

Day 1,723

I didn't realise how much growing up around the paranormal had affected my judgement until I saw my coworker getting tossed about by unseen hands, their body growing limper with each impact, and I did nothing. I'd seen it happen so many times before that I knew you just had to out-wait these beings and then swoop in for rescue if their victim i still alive... depends how angry the poltergeist was in the first place.

I should have been scared, I should have tried to do something but every part of my brain was this sick, rational calm that told me they'd probably survive so there was nothing to be concerned about. Even causing a distraction would have been better than watching them crash into walls and furniture and hearing more bones break each time.

The same thing happened to my grandad back when I was seven. He was the second person I'd seen get attacked by a poltergeist and this was after three weeks of him slowly riling it up so he could expose it and exorcise it. Unfortunately he was a little too good at the former and didn't live long enough to do the latter.


Give me a simple ghost or shambling corpse any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment