20190707

Day 1,765

The townsfolk have been reporting strange noises for a few months now. Around the same time as this, people go missing and their trails always lead out into the woods before vanishing entirely. It's like they get sucked up into another dimension or something.

And then it nearly happened to me.

I thought it was my friend at first - their face was unmistakably familiar to me, peering out over the top of the bushes at the end of my grandparent's garden. I answered their calls, not noticing how shiny their hair was, how it glistened in the evening sun like it was made of scales, and not noticing how their mouth wasn't moving right until they rose up.

Eight legs rose with them and a bulbous arachnoid head followed after, abdomen tilting about as my friend's voice continued to call out to me from behind twitching fangs that were easily as long as my forearm. It made no further movements, seemingly trying to entice me to walk towards it.

I'll admit I made a downright ungodly noise and let out a string of words that would have seen me grounded for weeks before I pegged it back to my grandparent's house and bolted all the windows and doors. The spider that wore my friend's head was somehow everywhere at once, tapping the glass with its skinny legs and asking me to come out and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment