20190707

Day 1,766

I met a god in the car park behind Stirchbourne Scrapyard, the bit by the fence that has all those little broken bits that the foxes use to get in and out of the forest. I'd just finished locking the place up and was heading to my bike when I met its eyes through the metal links.

They were damned big eyes to, attached to the largest stag I'd ever seen. At least, it was shaped mostly like a stag... with broken TV antennas for horns and gaping holes in its body where wires and pulsing meat showed through.

When it spoke, it spoke into my head like how your inner voice does only I had no control over what it was saying and it had an awful lot to say. It mainly wanted to talk about one of my colleagues, an older guy who was as slow to work as he was angry and he was damned slow.

The god wanted to know all about him, something about the guy had caught its interest and not in a good way... not with how it kept licking its lips and salivating like it was thinking about an  all expenses paid, all-you-can-eat buffet.

I'd never cared much for the lad so I sort of told the god where he lived, it also sort of walked through my memories like it was taking a stroll round the park on a Sunday so I don't think I had much of a choice, it at all. I just tried to forget about the meeting and cycled home as fast as I could.

Then the guy didn't show up for his shift the next day... or the day after that or the day after that and the day after that we heard he'd gone missing. Now I can't say for sure that it was the stag/god/thing but it's too coincidental.

It likes to wait for me now whenever I'm closing up all alone.

It has more names for me, more people it likes.

It still won't tell me what it does with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment