20190801

Day 1,790

I always joked that my bloodline would end with me because I didn't want kids. Now I'm ending it because I can't bear to read about any more deaths that I know they caused. There's simply no other way - they all have to die and me along with them just to be on the safe side.

We are monsters wearing humanity like a favourite jumper. When summer comes we put it away and when autumn is here we slip back into it as if it never left. I used to think we just looked like monsters, that appearance was all that separated us from humans but when my older sister turned nineteen she was taught otherwise and had the foresight to warn me.

I watched over the next few years as she struggled between the guilt of killing innocent people and the enjoyment of embracing everything we were born to be. She'd come back to the summer cabin just as bloodsoaked and hysteric as the rest of the family, telling me I'd understand when I'm older and she was right.

My first hunt it meant to be tomorrow night so everyone will sleep through the day.

I'll be kinder to them than they ever were to their victims.

They'll go out in their sleep.

I'll try to join them.

No comments:

Post a Comment