20190802

Day 1,791

I don't remember much about my imaginary friend but I do know he came out of the flooded basement to play hide & seek and then never left. I used to think it was so unfair that his mum never came to tell him to go to dinner or to take baths.

It took me years to realise he didn't have a mum but I never cared that he didn't have a face. Kids are funny like that - horror doesn't sit with them like it does for adults. They don't know what is and isn't  scary like we do and as such I spent most of my childhood days narrowly avoiding death at the hands of an "imaginary" friend.

He was always real to me and now I know he was just straight up real. It seems impossible that he could be real let alone an actual living, breathing creature that shared my home with me. Considering he was mostly made up of long arms with strangely circular palms that covered his thousands of eyes.

I don't know if he was light sensitive or pretending that his hunting was a game.

Either way I survived and made sure that when I had a kid we didn't have a basement.

Turns out he appears in closets too.

No comments:

Post a Comment