20190803

Day 1,792

I've been seeing the same dog, or rather dog-shaped thing, every time I put my glasses on.

It's just the glasses too, contacts are just the same as they've always been.


Day in, day out, doesn't matter to it.

Damned thing is always somewhere nearby and getting closer every day.


Sometimes people walk through it like the dog isn't even there.

They end up in the obituaries the next day.


I'll end up the same way too, you know.

Ripped apart and left to rot, lungs and feet missing so my soul can't move from my death-spot.


I don't quite know how I know that but I just do.

And the dog is always closer and closer and closer still.


And it's running out of patience at long last, I know I'll have to start running and soon.

I can hear it padding around my house at night, outside the classroom this morning.


It sounded so far away - thought I had enough time but when I put the glasses on it was right in front of me.

There must have been two of them all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment