20200317

Day 2,018

The house looked like it hadn't been lived in since it was first build. The curtains were as ragged and moth-eaten as the threadbare furniture you could see through the gently collapsing walls. A faded notice on the front door said the building was due to be demolished in 2015 but nobody remembers why they left it alone.

We could have gone all our lives never knowing what was still in there but the world has a way of making you see things you never wanted to and just leaving you to do whatever you like with that information. For some its a cheating spouse or their favourite actor taking off a convincing toupe.

For me, it was what the town was protecting in that house.

Yes, protecting.

There couldn't be any other reason for leaving it alone and secure other than to keep people away from it. I only meant to peer through a newer breakin the wall - just for my own curiosity, I never expected something to be inside.

Some of it seemed human, there was just more of it. With a body like eight human ones all clumped together, three elongated necks and countless heads of varying sizes all swirling and fading into each other, it made for quite the sight.

 If it hadn't spotted me I might have been able to forget it easier. The way its snake-like necks all swung towards me made it seem as though it would attack but after every single face had looked at me the creature retreated with a surprising amount of speed, given its size and awkward amount of limbs.

I was stuck to the spot, horrified and fascinated and wanting to see what would happen next. I didn't have to wait long before one set of heads peered around the doorway, locking eyes with me again. before swiftly retreating into the darkness of the innermost rooms.

That was almost nine days ago and no matter how long I wait, I haven't seen it since.

Last night it was sighted a few streets away from my house.

This morning I found strange footprints by my front door.

I think I've been found.

No comments:

Post a Comment