20200419

Day 2,051

I don't know what they're growing in the greenhouses near the junkyard but I know plants don't need to eat as much blood and offal as they bring in there every other week. Whatever's in there must go through twelve farm's worth of scraps a year.

They keep building more greenhouses, claiming it's a community project thing for old people or kids or disadvantaged teens but nobody other than their workers have been anywhere near it. We've tried before, holding up our papers to prove we're part of the community this is apparently for but they turn us all away.

I know there's photos somewhere online in a closed group for the especially paranoid that someone got from one of the workers. I'm not saying I've seen it myself because that's the kind of talk that leads to you going missing and winding up in a ditch somewhere.

But if I had seen it I'd say it looked like they were growing weird translucent people. Like a cross between those glowly sea slugs and caterpillars and they made badly proportioned people from it. If I had seen the photo I'd say they were all huddled together in planters and must be about two feet long.

If I'd seen the video that was apparently taken yesterday I'd say there must be hundreds of them and when they eat you see it moving through them, making them all pink and red. Hypothetically speaking, they've got claws and speed like nothing I've ever seen before.

If I'd seen it, of course.

But I haven't and the photos and videos don't exist and there are plants in the greenhouses.

I'm sure they'll open them to the public when they're ready - hopefully a long time from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment