20210204

Day 2,341

When I opened the curtains I found that the window had been bricked up from the inside. Every window save for the one I'd been staring through all night. They must have done it while I'd been camped out by the backdoor, waiting for them to slip out from the shadows of the burnt-down house beside the woods.

Every morning I watched them creeping back there, using the house as storage for their dying prey before they lugged the corpses back to their own nests much further in. I know a couple of them had spotted me before but I always made sure to leave bandages and knife sharpening kits as a peace offering.

I thought I'd bought myself safety but it seems that all I did was annoy them until they decided they'd rather force me to walk dangerously close to their territory instead of letting me use the front door and keep away from them. Now with every other window, door and vent bricked up I had no other options.

And now I'm just realising that if they bricked everything from the inside and I never saw anyone leave...

There's still someone in here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment