20210213

Day 2,350

I buried it so deep it'll never know the peace I found from its dying hours. How the weight in my heart lifted with every laboured breath that rattled through its blood-filled lungs. How I had to hold back a smile whenever it started weeping from the pain.

And now I'm free.

Now I don't have to tiptoe around the house, being as quiet as humanly possible in the hopes that it won't lash out for once and console myself that whenever it does it's because it hurts worse than I could ever imagine. I don't have to pretend that I'm lucky to only suffer this much.

I didn't even bother to follow the instructions in its will.

It wanted a traditional burial with a funeral and it wanted me to mourn. It wanted to be remembered as the human it was born as and not the shrivelled little beast who traded humanity for wealth and expected to still be praised. It stopped being my parent when it signed that contract.

I scooped its corpse into a cardboard box and made sure to bury it upside-down in case it tried to come back. Then I poured concrete over the ground and turned it into a nice little rockery. I wouldn't be surprised if it tried to come back again, damned thing loved making my life difficult.

If it had read the contract first, like I did, it would have struck out the clause that led to its death.

A clause that I made sure to remove, along with several others until the contract finally worked in my favour. Their death was my blood sacrifice, their ignorance was my lesson and their master has granted me the eternity they so desperately sought and were to ignorant to find.

Someday I'll watch this world burn and smile again, knowing that it will never come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment