20210624

Day 2,479

I think I died last week.

I normally go about a week before I have to venture into town for groceries and I normally go late enough at night that there's almost nobody around. Nothing personal, just a preference of mine to avoid trouble where I can and if life's taught me anything it's that people cause trouble without a second thought.

So the other night I stopped by the usual gas station for a quick refill before carrying on into town and I couldn't work my arms to pick up the pump - I couldn't even walk more than a foot from the car before my legs hit some kind of barrier and began to hiss and smoke like they were on fire.

Didn't hurt one bit but the shock of the sight made me scream and jump back, hitting the car and setting the damned alarm off. The whole chaos of the scene made the cashier run outside, phone and torch in hand asking who's there and if they need help.

I yelled back that I did, that something was very wrong but he acted like he couldn't hear me, like I wasn't even standing there beside my car just trying to get some damned fuel. He walked right past me and peered into my car windows, asking again if anyone was there, ignoring me again and dialing out for help when he spotted something in the driver's seat.

Couldn't have been me - I was standing right by the car.

By the car - I was by the car whe

I think I died last week...

No comments:

Post a Comment