20210811

Day 2,527

I've been walking behind myself for quite some time now. Both the me that I am and the me that I follow are desperately trying to go unnoticed and hide how afraid we are but I know how I walk when I'm scared.

I keep trying to close the gap, to reach out and turn the other person around and see myself, see what point in time this me is or if I've managed to accidentally intrude into another dimension and find a totally different me.

We aren't that different from each other of course but the little things are there and they stand out time like the spines of a cactus. I spend a few minutes trying to figure out where I missed these changes in my own life. 

The other me is a fraction taller and I wonder if this is purely chance or a missed opportunity on my part. They are also effortlessly faster, either used to this chase or perhaps into the sports I detested in my own life. 

The other me is also missing a finger on their left hand and I cannot recollect any event in my own life that might have caused this. Maybe it has something to do with the scar snaking it's way down the back of their neck.

I am inches away from myself, barely managing to grasp their shoulder and spin them around only for them to shatter and fall to the ground as broken glass and blood.

I am left alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment