20210821

Day 2,537

I finished work later than usual - a bachelorette party crashed in fifteen minutes before closing and caused a scene for about half an hour before staggering away into the night. The others did the bare minimum and ran home fast as they could which left little ol' me to cash out and close up. Again.

My last job of the day was taking the trash out which is where I saw it. At first I thought there were a couple of cats or racoons in the dumpster with all the scrabbling and growling I was hearing, nothing too weird but enough to keep me cautious. The last thing I needed was a rabies scare after that nightmare of a shift.

I did what I usually did to scare pests out of the dumpster - hit it with a broom handle as far back as possible just in case something leapt out. And it did. And it was not even remotely like a cat or a racoon. And it was a lot bigger than I was prepared to deal with.

Mouths. It was just a cluster of mouths in a vaguely humanoid shape, all chewing whatever they'd found in the dumpster. A striped tail dangled out from one of the mouths so I guess I was at least a little bit right about a racoon problem. One mouth in the leg-region vomited out a familiar looking bridal sash which is when I ran back inside to call the cops.

Nothing and nobody was found - the whole bachelorette party vanished and all I could say was exactly what I saw. Luckily it showed up on the CCTV feed but as far as I know it didn't make it any further than the missing persons reports and management still won't talk about it.

They moved me to the midday rush and doubled my pay to keep me quiet.

It hasn't changed anything though, not for me and not for that monster.

All it means is we're now targets and losing staff every damn day.

No comments:

Post a Comment