20210822

Day 2,538

The world is quiet here. Quiet and emptier than all the coffins in the churchyard where even the dead got up and walked away with the living, leaving me behind. It's a day that I've decided to name The Calling, as to who or what called everyone and everything away, I still don't know.

Occasionally I'll see the shadow of a bird fly over but they sky is always barren. Sometimes I'll see the shadow of a person following me when there's no physical body in sight. These are such things as I've grown used to and, dare I say, fond of in my own way.

They're all the company I'll get so I name them and speak to them as the soar overhead and run up to me before disappearing like they were nothing more than dust in my eye. They don't like to be seen and it's made me concerned as to what they plan to do if they manage to get too close.

Will these alleged shadows rise up and drag me down?

Will they steal my own shadow away and leave me truly alone?

Do they even mean me any harm or are they just as lost as I am in this new world?

No comments:

Post a Comment