20210902

Day 2,549

I've seen her around town a few times now, she walks something on a leash but my eyes refuse to focus on it. In fact the ground around her feet is just a headache-inducing haze where something sits and pants as she does everything she can to avoid drawing anyone's attention to it.

Ever since she moved here people have gone missing and turned up as half-chewed corpses in the dog park. I know its that thing she walks with but what I don't know is if she's the one controlling it and selecting the victims herself or if she's just as much a victim as all the others, trapped beide it and forced to watch it mutilate time and time again.

So far it seems like nobody else has put two-and-two together but me, nobody else ever really notices her. I'm glad to be different enough that I can actively avoid her which hopefully means I won't end up the next mangled body in the dog park... unless it's safer to stay in her radar rather than under it.

Either way, the thing she takes around town is growing bigger and bigger every week. Soon enough it will have driven everyone mad or killed them and I'll be the last one alive, crouched in a corner with a splitting headache but alive nonetheless.

Maybe then I'll finally be able to see what it actually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment