20210912

Day 2,559

My husband's been changing a little every day, not in a "new hair, new clothes, hidden mistress" kind of way either. His eyes have gone through every conceivable human colouration this month til they settled on a slightly corpse-y looking pale grey and his hair, formerly pale brown, is now jet black.

Friends think he's having a mid-life crisis, coworkers say he's become a little off in a way they can't describe, a way that unsettles them and makes the hairs on the back of their necks rise. Family haven't said a thing but I reckon they're either in on it or they've undergone a similar kind of strangeness.

His mouth is the latest in these changes as his lips seem to change shape and colour slightly. His teeth seem to be settled on pointier-than-human-teeth-are-supposed-to-be. I dare say he'll look like a completely different person by this time next year, if I stick around long enough to find out.

If I survive long enough to find out.

He acts mostly the same only clumiser in ways that often end up hurting me like tripping and spilling scalding hot coffee all over my face and arms or dropping knives or the iron or the goddamned hairdryer in the bathtub. Every time he apologises and cries like he's killed me and if these 'accidents' happened once or twice a month, I dare say I wouldn't be as suspicious.

But no, whoever,or whatever,  this man is becoming - he wants me dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment