20211001

Day 2,578

We were plenty used to oddities washing ashore after a rough tide but if I hadn't seen this thing with my own eyes, I'd have said it was entirely beyond belief. I mean, sure we've all heard the stories about merfolk and sirens luring sailors to their deaths but they were only ever that.

It was eerily human from a distance. Then as you walk closer you begin to realise the sheer scale of it and how easily you'd fit into its mouth and Lord that mouth was a nightmare in itself. One of the students neatly described it as being "like a shark on crack".

I'm almost glad that just the head and neck washed up but it terrifies me to think that there's bigger things out there that can swallow the whole body of something whose head is the size of a double decker bus. Lord knows where they took it or what they'll do with it, I just hope its kin don't come around.

No comments:

Post a Comment