20211009

Say 2,586

All things need to breathe, even the dead apparently. Damned coffin-filler wouldn't stop shaking and clawing at the lid til I'd cut air holes in the sides, hid them so that the handles would cover them just in case anyone tried to look too closely.

I know she's dead though, I embalmed her myself - I stitched her up better than the butchers who autopsied her and for some reason she still wants air. Her half-eaten heart is in a jar in the precinct and she's happy to move until she gets a bit of breeze blowing through the coffin.

God only knows how she'll act when they try to bury her but as I say to the rest of the team - when they're out of the door they're out of our hands. Soon as she's loaded into the hearse she is no longer my problem regardless off the fuss she'll put up when the dirt comes piling in.

I do have to wonder what she'll do when she eventually claws her way to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment