20211107

Day 2,615

We were all so busy focusing on the floating hat in the middle of the stairwell that we didn't look down til it was almost too late, til its jaws had nearly closed around our ankles. We'd been seconds away from death, likely for a good few minutes, and been to caught up in finding a corpse to even care.

In all honesty, I don't even know what we would have done if we'd actually found anything. I mean, the closest any of us have come to seeing a corpse in real life is driving past road kill. I just felt like I had to see what was at the end of the stairs, you know?

I felt like someone was pulling me towards it.

In hindsight the need to follow the blood, the weird floating hat, the isolated stairwell and the creature that nearly had us by the achilles are probably all connected, if not part of the same mechanism to draw and catch unsuspecting and very distracted meatbags like us idiots.

I'm glad we snapped out of it before we got snapped up, you know.

Wherever it would have dragged us away to, it'd be one hell of a way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment