20211108

Day 2,616

I'm used to my sleep paralysis creatures. There's been a few that have stuck with me over the last eight years and at this point they don't even scare me, they're a comfort. I'm even starting to figure out what they represent and what it means when they appear.

Like the doll that cries blood and slaps it's face, splattering blood all over the place. She means that my depression is about to kick up a notch, gives me a little head's up to cancel any stressful events and call a couple friends to sit with me for the day to make sure I take care of myself.

There's also the goat with my first maths teacher's face. He sits on my chest until I 'wake' up coughing and gasping for air. His appearance means that there's a change in the air pressure, usually a storm, and that I should keep my inhaler close for the next few hours.

Last night, for the first time in eight years, a new creature arrived. At least, I thought it was just the sleep paralysis at the time. She looked like an old lady made of wax and left out in the sun. She sat next to me knitting something out of soaking wet wool, I remember hearing the needles slide against some kind of viscous fluid.

All of a sudden she bolted out of place, rushed towards me and grabbed my arm so hard she fractured the bone and I was awake and she was still there. She was there gripping my arm to the point where I began to scream and she still didn't move.

She just stood there until my roommate came rushing town the hallway to my room, startling her enough for me to rip my arm free. Then she leapt out of my open window, my roommate called the cops and now we're here wondering who the hell she was.

I know she was real though - not just from the fractures in my arm, the fact that someone else saw her means she was here. It means that I'm still not safe, not til she's found. She could show up again tonight or next week or even next year but I know she'll be back.

Someone like that doesn't like to leave witnesses for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment