20220106

Dau 2,675

His faint voice carried through the blizzard, begging me to follow him, while the lifeless eyes of his corpse stared up at me a few feet away. The snow had covered up any trace of what had killed him, only that it had tried to hide the body in a rush, fleeing as it fell to the ground.

It was that sudden flicker of colour in the stark white of the blizzard that had caught my attention and now something with his voice wanted to draw me away. Whether it wanted me dead or was trying to lure me away from whatever had killed him, I couldn't possibly say.

I did the most cowardly thing possible and ran back to the storage shed we'd previously been hiding in and curled up under a pile of tanned leather, begging and praying that I hadn't been seen and I'd survive until the storm cleared enough for me to run back to town for help.

As luck would have it, help found me instead - He found me instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment