20220312

Say 2,740

They left me behind, they said I was too slow and I'd just drag them all down. They were right of course, but it still hurt when I woke up and found myself alone without so much as a note to tell me when they'd left or that they'd ever cared. It's not like the hoard had attacked us yet, they seemed to prefer to just watch us from the shadows just beyond the narrow streetlights instead... very unusual for them.

Since I was now alone, I had a much better opportunity to study the hoard that had been stalking us for weeks. After all of three days I found that most of the hoard were human and believed that someone in my group was carrying a newer, deadlier strain of the infection that created the hoards to begin with. They hoped to isolate the suspect but seeing our solidarity weaken gave them hope that he'd venture out solo sooner or later.

I've been with them ever since, a faux hoard using an actual hoard as cover. The outermost layer acted as a cellular membrane, allowing humans to pass through and snapping at any other hoard that dared to approach. I've never felt safer than I am now, slowly moving within the hoard, hidden away like a virus.

Waiting to find my old group and snuff them out before they can unleash a new hell upon us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment