20171014

Day 1,133

I was playing hide-and-seek with my older sister when it happened.

My go-to hiding spot was always under my parent's bed, surrounded by forgotten boxes and old shoes.

Usually I could tell if my sister was heading towards the room, the wheels on her portable oxygen tank were a tad rusty from all our outdoor excursions.

As soon as she'd been around the room and left for the next one I'd creep out and switch hiding spots.

It worked perfectly every time, she always complained she never knew where I started hiding, always caught me in a different place.

My starting point had always been my best kept secret.

And then it all changed when I heard someone get on the bed while I was under it.

My sister had just left the room, our parents were in the kitchen.

There wasn't anyone else in the house, or so I'd thought.

It told me to come out, that it wanted to play hide-and-seek too just like it had when it was alive.

I peered around the edge of an old shoe box just in time to see a pair of spindly black arms slowly reach for the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment