20171015

Day 1,134

Nobody's talking about the emergency broadcasts. Nothing else plays on any TV, radio - every single website is gone, replaced by a single page that tells you to get to your closest government approved shelter and wait there until further notice, food drop dates are blah, blah and blah.

It's like nothing else has changed but every information source is saying that something BIG has gone down. I can't even get a phone signal any more, not even the emergency one. The only reason I haven't brought it up is because the only working website (some abomination from the 90's that's clearly been forgotten) updated yesterday with advice for survivors.

I still don't know what I've apparently survived but I'm not alone and they want me to be quiet in case other beings are listening. I tried leaving a comment but it was deleted the second I hit enter which makes sense, plausible deniability keeps us safer and comments can be traced back through the IP address.

This morning was the first time I've noticed that everyone around me is a bit off, subtly but just enough that it's finally recognisable. Their eyes are always dilated, barely any iris showing and I've never been more thankful for having such deep brown eyes. That and they struggle to use anything electronic, which has always been a similar struggle of mine. Prosthetic hands are a bit of a pain that way.

Still, I don't know what's happened, what everyone else has become and how many other survivors there are besides me and whoever updated that website. I left another comment there before I went to work, hopefully they'll read it before they delete it and tell me what I've missed.

The world's somehow ended and yet nothing's really changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment